Melinda is an engineering leader with over 10 years experience of working with and managing teams of developers & managers. Companies she has previously worked at include FutureLearn, the Wikimedia Foundation and Container Solutions.
Melinda is able to help you with the following:
- Speaker coaching: brainstorming talk ideas, advise on slide design, talk outline and story structure, help with confidence and anxiety, giving feedback on practice runs.
- Setting up or improving engineering management initiatives such as career development frameworks, performance reviews & process, onboarding workflows and hiring processes.
- Introducing and implementing outreach & learning initiatives, to get teams teaching each other and sharing what they know with the community. This is key not only for growing the skills of engineers, but also for retaining engineers, making it easier to hire and building up a company's reputation.
- Writing content, guidance and documentation for teams, designing reusable templates and checklists, and setting up workflows and processes around this. Melinda has been the editor for several company blogs, providing content reviews, proofreading and overall content strategy.
- 1:1 and group coaching on engineering management best practices, public speaking, writing and outreach.
- Providing internal training through talks, workshops and interactive sessions on any of the above topics.
If you're interested in working with Melinda or finding out more about her availability, get in touch at email@example.com.